Okay, so we are a little behind on this. I have heard no thoughts on the merits of this novel(la?) from you book club people. And don't think I don't hold myself responsible--I do!--because I haven't finished it yet. Sorry, Carla. You know I couldn't hold you in higher esteem. I just. can't. do. it.
Anyway, we should all just say something about this work, shouldn't we? I'll go first. I thought there were some engaging bits, but overall the main character just wasn't likable. I see it as the writer's job to keep me interested, and if I'm two-thirds of the way through a book and still don't care at all what happens in the end, I will utilize my right to discontinue reading. Which I did.
Therefore, I nominate Austin as the next book chooser and say we read East of Eden. All in favor, say I. (P.S. I did not just nominate him and then choose my own book for him to choose. He really was gonna choose it. Unless you [Austin] have come upon something more appealing and would like to choose that instead, in which case you certainly may.)
And that is all I have to say. I love y'all . . . write something on this blog . . . please.
i second that because i already bought the book & started. it's very nice & i love it.
ReplyDelete